Best Carpet Cleaner for Old Pet Urine 2020
Table of Contents
- Our Top 5 List
- 1. Bubbas Super Steamer Carpet Cleaner
- 2. Pet Stain & Odor Miracle
- 3. Mister Max Unscented Anti-Icky Poo Odor Remover
- 4. Urine Gone Stain & Odor Eliminator
- 5. Biokleen Bac-Out Stain+Odor Remover Foam Spray
- Factors to Consider
We treat our pets as family members, so it is only natural for us to let them have a free rein around our house. And with pets, pee happens, usually on the carpet.
Homemade solutions can do a good job of cleaning your urine-stained carpets, but sometimes, these are not enough. Using powerful commercial solutions can remove those nasty stains easily and quickly.
Carpet cleaning is by no means an easy task, if you plan to do it yourself, get a good cleaner to make things easy and simple. We have listed the best carpet cleaners for old pet urine to give you an idea of which one to choose so you do not have to go out and try all of them to make the best decision.
Our Top 5 List
1. Bubbas Super Steamer Carpet Cleaner
Bubbas Super Steamer carpet cleaner goes deep down the carpet fibers to efficiently get rid of old pet urine stains and smells.
It is perfectly safe that you or your pets can walk on the damp spots without having to worry about any adverse reactions.
It also helps improve the air quality of your home and reduce allergens and bacteria buildup.
It can give you about 15 uses per bottle and has a floral scent that seems strong to some but replaces the bad urine smell. It is less concentrated than other cleaners that add to its higher price tag.
- Compatible with major carpet cleaners
- Simple to use
- Deep cleansing
- High priced
- Less concentrated
- Has a strong scent
2. Pet Stain & Odor Miracle
It totally removes stains and odors on a wide range of surfaces such as carpets, furniture, pet beds, crates, hardwood, and many others.
It has a unique Bio-Enzymatic formula that gets to the root of the problem and eliminates even feces, vomit, and drools quickly.
While some solutions keep your pets from peeing on the same spot, this does not.
However, if used regularly, this cleaner will help keep your carpet clean and keep your pets from peeing on them.
- Has a multi-surface formula
- Developed with a powerful natural enzyme formula
- Money-back guarantee
- Has a chemical smell
- Does not repel pets
3. Mister Max Unscented Anti-Icky Poo Odor Remover
It will thoroughly and effectively get rid of stains and the bad smells at a very affordable price of just under $17.It is an environmentally friendly option to eliminate urine contamination and other organic wastes.
One weakness we found with this carpet cleaner is that it is not as concentrated as we want it to be.
You may have to use a relatively big amount to get it to do its job well. Some users complain about its strong scent, but the Mister Max Anti-Icky Poo comes with an unscented version so you can use this instead.
- Environment friendly
- Uses live bacteria
- Not concentrated
- Won’t drive away pets
- Has a strong scent
4. Urine Gone Stain & Odor Eliminator
Its fast-acting, enzyme-based formula makes it safe to use on wood, tiles, bathrooms, sofas, beds, and litter boxes. These enzymes quickly break down the odor in the urine so your pet will no longer spray on the same spot.
Reasonably priced at just under $10, it comes with a black light so you can find exactly where your pet left its mess.
This carpet cleaner does what it promises to do. However, there are people who find the bad smell lingers, but they also noted that it goes away completely after some time.
- Uses a powerful enzyme activated formula
- Comes with a UV black lightg
- The smell doesn’t go away quickly
- Not as effective for cat urine
5. Biokleen Bac-Out Stain+Odor Remover Foam Spray
It uses plant-based surfactants such a lime-peel extract, which lowers the surface tension of water to give your carpet a safe and natural cleansing. It is ready to use and economical, a little goes a long way.
A flaw we found with this foam spray is that it is not tough enough to remove cat urine.
It does remove the bad smell, but since cat urine is stronger than dogs’, you have to use a bit more amount to get it completely off your carpets.
- Has live enzyme-producing cultures
- Uses lime-peel extract
- Does not contain harsh chemicals
- Not tough enough for cat urine
If you are a long-time pet lover, you know that accidents do happen especially if you have senior pets. You may not be at home all the time to see these incidents happening, and most often than not, the stains you find will be old and dried up.
There are thousands of brands to choose from, and it will take you forever to try them all out to see which one works best. We tested five of them to save you the trouble of spending tons of money to find the perfect solution for your home. And this is our favorite:
- Top Customer Rated Carpet Shampoo Cleaner-Other Odor and Stain Removers Fail Where We Succeed. Our Carpet Cleaner Solution Uses 1oz of Detergent Per Gallon of Water in Any Carpet Cleaning Machine
- Professional Commercial Grade Cleaning Solutions for Home Use- Great as a Cat Urine Odor Remover, Pet Stain Remover. Removes Cat Odor, Dog Odor and Eliminates Tough Urine Smell Stains in Carpet
- Use In Any National Brand Carpet Shampooer- Can Be Used In Bissell, Hoover, Rug Doctor or any Cleaning Machines. Also Use as Area Rug Cleaner or Upholstery Cleaner for Pet Stains and Odors
- Most Carpet Cleaners Require The Use of More Carpet Cleaning Detergent. Ours is Very Concentrated - Economical. Most Carpet Shampooing Jobs Will Only Use 1 to 3 oz of Solution Per Room for Cleaning.
- A Simple Solution for Green Carpet Cleaning-All Our Pet Cleaners are Guaranteed-Love It or Your Money Back. Proudly Made in USA and Used in Hotels, Indoor Dog Kennels and Other Commercial Facilities.
Factors to Consider
Choose products that are environmentally friendly. You may think that cleaners that use chemicals do a better job of getting rid of odors and stains, but in the long run, your family’s and your pet’s safety should come first. Choose a carpet cleaner that uses enzymes instead of harsh chemicals.
Old and dried stains tend to be more difficult to remove, so as much as possible, you need to clean them as soon as they are made. If that is not an option, go for a fast-acting carpet cleaner that will quickly get rid of the smell.
Know Your Carpet Type
The kind of carpet you have on your floor determines the level of difficulty of cleaning it. Carpets that feature level-loops formed from thick yarn tend to let the stain and moisture sit on top of it so it will be easier to clean as they have not soaked up the urine yet.
Thicker piled carpets are more likely to absorb the wetness, so you need to choose a cleaner that goes deep down to where the stains are soaked in.
Really Removes Odors and Stains
Some stains are harder to eliminate than others. Cat urine is known to smell stronger and stay the longest. Get a carpet cleaner that will remove them and not just mask them. The best carpet cleaner for old pet urine should remove both stain and odor and leave your home smelling fresh and clean.
Last update on 2020-04-08 at 12:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API